AW: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Clarifications on the ITU informal consultation on WSIS implimentation

William Drake wdrake at ictsd.ch
Thu Apr 28 15:19:23 BST 2005

Hello Djilali,

While I'm not Wolfgang, I did say this previously,

> rather than to governments and corporations.  As to the Council
> WG itself, participation in that is more ambiguous.  I was told I
> could attend as an individual 'expert' but not as a CS person,
> since CSOs have no standing right to participate unless they are
> Sector Members or Associates.  Unfortunately, I can't go to any
> of this, as I'm speaking at the OECD's 2005 Forum in Paris, but
> if someone else wants to ask for an 'expert' invite it might work.

Maybe I wasn't being clear enough, so: I was told by the secretariat that if
one asks to be invited on the basis of being an expert rather than a CS
person it very well could be possible to attend.  Meeting chairs have
latitude on the former, but less on the latter.

Best,

Bill