[WSIS CS-Plenary] May 2nd Consultation - bases covered

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 29 09:24:06 BST 2005

Dear Tracey and all
I'd just remind you and our CS colleagues that I sent some comments to the list on this ITU "WSIS Follow-up" meeting, and I made strong reservations about the "represntative sample" invited to participate.
Further I also mentioned that I'll attend it and report shortly on its main concerns and outcomes, of course with my usually critical views.
NB : Excerpt from the ITU invitation document : "The purpose of this informal consultation is to assess the views of a represntative sample of WSIS stakeholders on the implementation mechanisms (...) Pleasenote that the meeting will be conducted in English only".
Best regards
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT-France

On 21rst I sent this answer to Renate's message announcing the ITU meeting
Dear Renata and all
This meeting is hold in english exclusively. It is therefore not qualified as "to assess the views of a representative sample of WSIS stakeholders" , unless "representative" means implicitely "english speaking".
However, I'll do my best to be there.
Best regards
Jean-Louis Fullsack