[WSIS CS-Plenary] Proposal archive at IGP

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Fri Apr 29 21:02:31 BST 2005

Vittorio's proposal for an "Internet Steering Group" prompted me to
create an archive of Internet governance reform proposals at the
Internet Governance Project website. We will archive any serious
proposal that is actually being discussed, simply to make it easier for
people to keep track of what is being put forward.

http://dcc.syr.edu/igproposals.htm

We begin by listing the proposals of Vittorio, Carlos Afonso, and our
own ICANN reform proposal. We invite you to submit additional proposals,
but bear in mind the following criteria:

* It must propose specific changes in institutional arrangements
(calling for an "end to the digital divide" is not a proposal for
changed governance arrangements)
* It must have been introduced into and discussed within existing
Internet governance forums, such as the WGIG, ICANN, WSIS, IETF, or ITU.
(this is an archive of proposals that are being discussed, not a means
of publicizing ideas that are not known)
* It must pass the "laugh test" with respect to feasibility, knowledge
of existing arrangements, etc. The editors reserve the right to
determine for themselves what to archive.

Email me (privately, off list) with any submissions.

Dr. Milton Mueller
http://www.digital-convergence.org
http://www.internetgovernance.org