[WSIS CS-Plenary] May 2nd Consultation - bases covered

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Sat Apr 30 01:10:05 BST 2005

Hello

>Perhaps someone among those CS people who will be present could be
>tasked with reading a short statement that remarks that civil society
>attendants, having been selected by the organizers, do not constitute a
>representative sample

( In statistics, a representative sample must be perfectly random, just
a joke, it not
not representative in any sense, legal or statistical,  I would agree )

>of civil society stakeholders at WSIS, and only
>speak for themselves and their own organizations,

I fully agree, furthermore for full clarity, it must be underlined that
participants
can speak as individuals being coordinator or member of such and such CS
grouping,
but not in the name of such groupings, unless a debate
has been carried out before, which was not possible.

Of course,  participants can read a statement that could express the
opinion  that is obviously shared  by the whole civil society about
this non-inclusive process.
Since it is a procedural issue, the best person to draft and
to read a strong message to the ITU board, is in my opinion, Renate,
who was elected, during the last PrepCom2,
to be the liaison officer of the CSB with the WSIS  secretariat,  the
govermental  bureau and the ITU.

 Concerning Karen question,
 my educated guess about the list is now :

 Renate Bloem   NGO Family, CSB liaison officer
 Burak Emir  Youth Caucus.
 Jean-Louis Fullsack  Finance WG
 Francis Muguet SI & PCT WG

Best regards

Francis

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA   Paris, France
KNIS lab.  Director
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web