[WSIS CS-Plenary] Shall we stand to Microsoft in Tunisia?

Nabil El-Khodari webmaster at nilebasin.com
Thu Aug 11 17:57:15 BST 2005

Dear all:

Here is an update I have received from a UK government agency (I encourage
all of you to subscribe) about a security update that is being held by
Microsoft (seemingly to allow attacks on computers running windows).

On another vein, here is my contribution to fighting the MS control,
particularly for developing country users who cannot afford the 'ransom'
required for obtaining 'Genuine advantage'.

Windows Genuine Advantage, How to get rid of it!!!

A few days ago I had some troubles with updating my windows due to the
famous windows genuine advantage. After checking for a couple of minutes i
found out that the browser is using an active-x control to control this type
of security. So in case you want to continue keeping your windows software
up-to-date just follow the next steps:

1. Open your browser and go to Tools --> Internet Options
2. Select the Programs tab and click on Manage Add-Ons
3. Look for the "Windows Genuine Advantage" plug-in and disable it
4. Close all your browser windows and startup the windows update
5. Now you are able to update everything again without being checked..

Richard
www.neominds.com.mx

Sincerely,

Nabil El-Khodari, M.B.; B.Ch. [MD], M.Sc.
CEO/Founder
Nile Basin Society
http://nilebasin.com
http://nile.ca
http://nilebasin.net
http://nilebasin.biz

Tel.: +1 (647) 722-3256
Fax: +1 (647) 722-3273

108 Waterbury Dr.
Toronto, ON M9R 3Y3
Canada

"If the people will lead, the leaders will follow." Dr. David Suzuki