[WSIS CS-Plenary] Accommodation for the - Summit - suggestions ?

Rhoda Tretow rhodatretow at gmx.de
Mon Aug 22 21:51:43 BST 2005

Dear Robert,

have you checked out the package deal hotels on the beaches near Tunis?

I spent a week in Hammamet, which is located 65km/ 40miles south of
Tunis by motorway. Cabs to Tunis are cheap, particularly the
shared-minibus kind and you don't have to book five star to get a
good standard. Traffick in Tunis can get gruesome, so assuming the
summit venue is not in the city centre, staying on the beach might
even be more practical.

To give you an example: Flying out of Berlin, 300 Euros (= 370 USD)
gets you the flight, hotel transfer, room double occupancy for seven
nights, breakfast and the dinner you will never be there in time for.
There are probably cheaper deals if you shop around. The nearest
package deal airport serving the region is Monastir.

German package deal websites (i.e. selling deals out of Germany only) include:
http://www.neckermann.de/index2.mb1?mb_f020_id=Qnds5B0xGO7yYh36vtiVv_PHDzWWQWD9&nav_id=reisen&schnapp=off&track_sitestat=reisen&mb_v301_ch=93efc
or
http://www.bucherreisen.de/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Bucher3.woa/wa/search

The expedia.de site is useful as well, but I haven't had any
experience with their international site expedia.com.

Kind regards,

Rhoda