[WSIS CS-Plenary] drastic changes to the proposed WSIS implementation mechanisms in the new text

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sun Aug 28 20:34:08 BST 2005

Parminder:

I'm going through several of the government comments to the WGIG and
PC3, and have noticed that many of them make mention of UNGA 57/270b
as what should be used as a follow-up mechanism. The changes proposed
in the GFC document are, consistent with it.  of course, we might not
agree ...

As such, it's worth finding and reading UNGA 57/270b and see if
what's there fits the case now. I'll leave that for others to do. The
reference is below..

UN General Assembly Resolution (UNGA) 57/270b (2003)

  Integrated and coordinated implementation of and follow-up to the
outcomes of the major United Nations conferences and summits in the
economic and social fields
http://daccess-ods.un.org/access.nsf/Get?Open&DS=A/RES/57/270B&Lang=E

regards,

Robert