[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Wsis-pct] IP-Watch: Intellectual Property Issues Kept Off WSIS Agenda

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Dec 9 23:47:09 GMT 2005

On 9 dec 2005, at 18.34, Milton Mueller wrote:

> No, only certain members of the PCT WG. Robin Gross, e.g., was a
> part of that wg but she obviously would like to have seen WGIG and
> the WSIS statement go more into IPR/PCT.

that is seems to be the case, at least on a few people's part, but
was not obvious earlier.   since it wasn't one of my issues or one on
which i considered myself particularly well versed, it would have
been useful to have had the wg active.  i know i joined this list,
not becuase of any expertise in IP/PCT subjects but because i wanted
to understand the WG's positions.

i guess it was my deficiency that i misunderstood the WG's
intentions. i do know that before the WGIG's mandate was known, there
was a very strong sense on this list that it should not be in the remit.

a.