[WSIS CS-Plenary] SV: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Déclaration de la Société Civile SMSI - Version DRAFT en Français PROPOSITIONS DE CORRECTION

Rikke Frank Joergensen rfj at humanrights.dk
Mon Dec 12 22:20:03 GMT 2005

Dear nana and all

The CSIS was not a parallel event to WSIS (the ones which took place at the official space as part of the official agenda), but a side event. Its normal procedure at UN Summits to hold side events, outside the official summit space and open to the general public, incl. non accredited entities. CSIS was such an event and was publicly announced and recognised by the WSIS secretariat and govn. delegations several weeks before the summit. We even had formal correspondence with diplomates who wanted to attend CSIS as speakers or audience.

I believe its important to flag in a "fair-to-the-facts way" the obstacles which CS met in holding the side events both in Geneve (We Seize) and in Tunis (CSIS). I actually think it would be unfair to ask us to delete such important information. To my mind, the formulations in the current draft by ralf are as diplomatic as we can reasonably expect to be. I hope we can agree to this language.

best
Rikke