[Africa-CS-WSIS]Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] SV: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Déclaration de la Société Civile SMSI - Version DRAFT en Français PROPOSITIONS DE CORRECTION

djilali benamrane dbenamrane at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 12:32:59 GMT 2005

Dear Pierre,
Thanks for your message,
I wonder South Civile Society members becoming more
active in discussions, regardless items and
proposals....
African Causus did a real and huge progress
participating actively to various WSIS debates... We
do must improve our visibility, our effectiveness, our
agreement and desagrement with any proposal. Where are
colleagues from Asia, Arab countries and or from
Latino America ???????
I personnaly have a great admiration regarding what
Meriem, Jean Louis, Francis and others colleagues did
and are doing to give credibility and effectiveness to
the Civile society general status, but if some among
us desagree with some position (and it is normal in
Democracy) we have to say it, to write it, to explain
and reexplain and somewhere the truth must be between
different positions and we have to accept it in the
end.
In one of the last Rikk's proposal of the draft :
experiencies, difficulties and insufficiencies lived
in Geneva and Tunis Summits have been related and
somewhere compared to underline that even if the
background and expectations are totally different in
the two countries, it has not been easy to do
everything in Geneva and somewhere it has not been
easy to do every thing in Tunis (i remember for
example that Young protest the last day against the
Summit in Geneva, which can be considered as a Side
Event, has been forbiden and discrashed by Geneva
Security authorities and as i remeber this Event has
not been mentionned in the CS Statement). I said in
our last Geneva meeting to the colleagues let's
remember what we are living here and how we are
reacting because in Tunis we shall be there and we
have to be fair in our positions, actions and
reactions.
Tunisians, with all difficulties of an underdeveloped
country did their best to organize as well as they can
the Summit and we have not to underline only bad
aspect, human right insuficiencies...
Everybody can draft complementary documents on his own
behalf or on behalf of his organization and develop
discussions and lobbying arround his own feeling but
an offical statement must be consensual.
I propose to delete non consensual componient of the
statement and let colleagues who want to express their
point of view to do it in other documents.
Best regards
Djilali

=== message truncated ===

Djilali Benamrane : dbenamrane at yahoo.com