[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fw: Requesting digital snapshots etc. of U.N. GA/NGO Multistakeholder Key event by Webcast this very hour. http://www.un.org/webcast/index.asp

Respectful_Interfaces respectful_interfaces at att.net
Fri Dec 16 14:51:26 GMT 2005

Link in Focus presently:   http://www.un.org/webcast/index.asp  Can you capture a picture of your computer setting, how varied we are in our circumstances, how unified we are in our goals of access and input through ICT?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear all,
It's pretty cold and icy here, so as customary I attend the U.N. by webcast and I hope you might wish to also.

*Respectful Interfaces* customarily makes posters of "people assembling," and what a fine opportunity for us worldwide to participate via the webcast at http://www.un.org/webcast/index.asp (first Channel) in just a few minutes.  I find that backing away from the computer and showing some of my "things" as well as close in images "as if we are there yields some joyous "footage";  And if you need to clear (save) what's on your media card, or just use a traditional camera and get image to us, this important Conference is from 10am to 1pm (New York TIme).  That's just over 15 minutes from now here in New York.

Though I'm not sure about your access, the growing interest in participation via online bridging as well as in person is and has been already well in place in our 'time'.  So if you do have 'time', please participate if possible and do send on a text description, photo, or other to resepctful_interfaces at att.net and we will do a commemorative group poster.  You might even want to swivel the camera and capture your image; doubtless everyone will be very creative.

Motivation is that while many are still barred by the digital divides which concern us, those of us linked-in can give a 'step-up' to others by honoring the glories of LINKS (of all sorts) and showing our good will towards each other.  So I hope you have time, and we can collaborate on future multistakeholder events as well - local, natioinal, regional, global.  All ideas so very welcome,

And sending best wishes, LDMF.

Linda D. Misek-Falkoff, Ph.D., J.D..
Online communications systems ARPANet (ealry 1960's) forward.
Individual Email. For Identification here: *Respectful Interfaces* Programme / Communications
        Coordination Committee for the United Nations.  ACM ABA.  Presenter "the RESPECT Matrix" at the Global Disability Forum-II, Hiroshi Karawura, Convener, WSIS-2-Tunis November 2005.
Member Planning Committee Annaul Fall DPI/NGO Conference, MIllennium Network online and a the  U.N.. Other affiliations on Request.