[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Déclaration de la Société Civile

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sat Dec 17 20:30:17 GMT 2005

Ralf:

Thanks for the hard work trying to co-ordinate the numerous inputs
and submissions for the WSIS civil society declaration.

The whole summit process has been a long adventure, that that has
lasted about 4 years.  In that 4 years we've all learned much about
each other, and the process as a whole.

One specific point that should be obvious by now is that when one
calls for specific and concise revisions one knows what that means.
it means specific changes , specific words to be revised - not an
interpretation of a text.

It is with utter amazement that I see that at this point in time ,
certain people don't get what that means.  With almost month passed
after the summit has concluded I would personally suggest that you
wrap and finalize the text by this weekend. It is the day you
mentioned as a deadline - and it should be so respected.

Should particular person believe that the CS declaration does not go
far enough, or doesn't incorporate their views - then, the choice is
simple, they should produce a text of their own. Freedom of
expression means just that...

regards

Robert