[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CT] WSIS Civil Society Summit Statement - final version for publication

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 19 16:35:07 GMT 2005

Ralf, Karen, et al,

Congrats on this mind-breaking work!

I have uploaded the statement for easier dissemination to the CONGO
website in various formats:

	.doc format	http://www.ngocongo.org/ngomeet/WSIS/WSIS-CS-statement-
final1205.doc
	.rtf format	http://www.ngocongo.org/ngomeet/WSIS/WSIS-CS-statement-
final1205.rtf
	.html format	http://www.ngocongo.org/ngomeet/WSIS/WSIS-CS-statement-
final1205.htm
	.pdf format	http://www.ngocongo.org/ngomeet/WSIS/WSIS-CS-statement-
final1205.pdf

Rik Panganiban
CONGO

On Dec 19, 2005, at 1:41 AM, Ralf Bendrath wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> attached (and also as an ASCII copy after the end of this mail)
> find the
> final version of the Civil Society Statement on the WSIS. We have
> finished
> it exactly a month after the closure of the summit, after a lenghty
> global
> online consultation process. We went through ten different
> versions, and
> only I was exchanging around 500 emails with people from different
> caucuses, backgrounds and regions. In the end, sometimes my job was to
> make everybody involved in special parts equally unhappy, but to
> make most
> of us happy about the overall statement.
>
> I want to thank everybody who has contributed to it. Many people from
> different caucuses sent their input, were patient and understanding
> about
> changes we had to make, discussed with others, and in the end
> understood
> the limitations and the responsibility of the drafting team.
>
> Special thanks go to the translators from the CONGO team - Alejandra
> Mendoza, Philippe Dam, and Adina Fulga Radi, as well as Katitza
> Rodriguez
> and Phol Paucar from CPSR Peru. (Feel invited to and thanked for
> doing new
> translations of the final version now!) Many thanks also go to Michael
> Gurstein for proofreading and copy-editing the whole document. And
> thanks
> to everybody else who suggested changes and improvements to different
> parts of the statement - among them Sally Burch, Bertrand de La
> Chapelle,
> Parminder Jeet Singh, Avri Doria, Tracey Naughton. And of course great
> thanks to Karen Banks who was my co-facilitator and drafter for pretty
> much of the time. Forgive me for not listing everybody here - again, I
> exchanged about 500 mails around this thing in the last month...
>
> We can be proud of this pretty elaborated and differentiated
> document. It
> will be submitted to the WSIS Executive Secretariat as Civil Society's
> official contribution to the summit. It will also be online at
> www.worldsummit2005.org in the next few hours. Please spread it widely
> among everybody interested in the summit or its issues.
>
> I would be glad if somebody could provide a pdf version of this
> statement.
> Please send it to me directly.
>
> Best regards, and hope to see you all somewhere soon!
>
> Ralf
>
> --------------------------
>
> “Much more could have been achieved”
>
> Civil Society Statement
> on the
> World Summit on the Information Society

> I. Introduction – Our Perspective After the WSIS Process
>
> The WSIS was an opportunity for a wide range of actors to work
> together to
> [...]

RIK PANGANIBAN       Communications Coordinator
Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United
Nations (CONGO)
web: http://www.ngocongo.org
email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524