Can we get back to ICT and Rights and Disabilities and Health (?) Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CT] almost final version 4.3 ...

Sylvia Caras sylvia.caras at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:18:21 GMT 2005

Linda wrote:
I believe the issues of Information and Communication Technology frontal to
the WSIS / SMSI Summits should be addressed again in these fora or forums.
Somehow there has been a swerve to advocacy for constituencies.
Disabilities  issues are not just sub-parts of WSIS or the world at large.
Everyone educated in access issues should in my view realize that* being out
of network due to disabilities is one of the most important issues we can
take up*.  To some degree we all are out of networks for one reason or
another.

Sylvia seconds:
I agree it would be good to bring our focus back to ICT and whatever might
be coming next in Athens and thereafter.  And I agree with the focus on
those out of network, countries, poor, aging, ...  many/most of us, and how
to generate access.

I admire your skill in finding the core issue and a frame to move it
forward.

Sylvia