SV: [wsishealth-and-ict] RE: [Pwd] RE: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CT] almost final version 4.3 of WSIS CS statement

Kicki Nordström kino at iris.se
Wed Dec 21 10:05:31 GMT 2005

Dear Chris,

The disability movement has just denied this old WHO definition since it separate physical and mental health from each other. We have drafted text in the convention as follow:

States Parties recognise that "persons with disabilities" have the right to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health without discrimination "on the basis of disability".  States Parties shall take all appropriate measures to ensure access "for persons with disabilities" to health services, including health-related rehabilitation.  In particular, States Parties shall:

I have quoted what is disability specific, and you could delete this and then have the text which is proposed for this new Human Rights treaty.

Yours
Kicki

Kicki Nordström
World Blind Union