[WSIS CS-Plenary] Africa Civil Society village report

NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 17:54:58 GMT 2005

Dear Nnena,
I resisted the temptation of making this a personal
letter, as I am quite convinced others will benefit
from the humble submission I shall be making
hereunder.

First, on behalf of my Organization and myself, I
congatuLate you on the the report on the Afican
Village and by extension to other NGOS and individuals
who made the Vilage Project a success.

I must confess that I missed the Prep Com in Tunis-no
thanks to the German Embassy, who turned down our
Transit visa request, necessitating the postponemnt of
my trip by three full days-arriving the 15th nite.

Back to the issue.

>From your report, one could not but be proud that you
and others were also able to present an AFRICAN
PERSPECTIVE to the whole event, and will hope that we
improve on what has been achieved so far.
As  rightly observed in your reports-how to translate
all these to actions to alleviate the prevailing
poeverty rampaging African is our collective
challenge.
One sugestion I have  for this is for every one of us
to do an evaluation of all our various individual
activities, classify them to groupings and encourage
that they be applied to present local projects
relevant to their activities, these could in turn be
exhibited or shown on the ACSIS site. Not everyone of
us are IT Experts-I mean utilizing the computer
softwares, aside from being able to browse the
internets and using the MS Word in our PCs.
For example, what you have just done with the pictures
from the events can only be done by those good with
the IT. Rik in Congo did the same for CONGO and was
sent to us also.
The point I am driving at is that there is need to
come together identify our various assets and
weaknesses and using the assets, develop the
weaknesses. In this regards , we can come out
stronger. Far much important than holding elective
positions or attending events. I want and do envisage
a future where Africa will lead AND DIRECT the IT
WORLD. Afterall. Philip Emeagwari and Oyibo are
Computer and mathematical giants ruling their worlds
in the developed nations-yet  they are  AFRICANS!!!.
But, these countries appreaciates and celebrates
genius as opposed to our African leaders who kill them
and  perpetuate themselves in power.
So, if the African world will take its rightful place
in the comity of nations, the Civil Society it is that
will make this happen.
So any meeting that should be called now by those
charged to direct the affairs of the ACSIS, should be
geared towards challenging everyone of us to come with
a workable blue print as to how to impart our various
communities with our activities using the IT. Those of
you alraedy experts in this regard should be raedy to
do a lot of side events on CAPACITY BUILDING for
participating NGOS.
In a lighter note:
Maybe
-If the Africa Caucus Election had held at the Vilage-
it would have been peaceful as the Spirits of our fore
fathers would have been very much present, but you
went to the other side, and the result?.... Dont ask:
is this not  a pastor talking?...Well..The truth is
that we may have probably been at home there.
-We should have organized an African get
together,(party) showcasing our various rich african
cultural dances at the end of the WSIS, instead of
everyone rushing home to catch the next availbale
flight back home. Afterall, 'I was there' euphoria.
-African dishes should have been included in the
cuisine and not just coffee, some of us are not
comfortable with foreign diet, that does not include
pepper and oil, you get what I mean? In fact,the
nearest meal I got in Tunis was rice. No pounded yam,
eba, egusi pepper soup, tuwo, semo, name it.
-Next time, I will organize for African dancers that
will do the MAKOSSA Dance to visitors at the Village
-Let no one deceive you, Africa is the cradle of
civilization. All started in Egypt,and so why cant we
lead the way even in IT WORLD?
Well done, c'est bon
It can ONLY get better next time.
With high regards,
Pastor Peters OMORAGBON.

--- Nnenna <nne75 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
>   I am attaching the report of the Africa Civil
> Society Village of the WSIS ICT4ALL Exhibition
> platform.  Photos are available here :
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/85921591@N00
>
>   Sincere apologies for cross posting.
>
>   Best of your holidays
>
>   Nnenna
>

> ---------------------------------
>  Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about. Just
> $16.99/mo. or less

   Pastor Peters OMORAGBON
Executive President/CEO
Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative-Inc.-(Nigeria & U.S.A)
An NGO On Special Consultative Status with The Economic and Social Council of the United Nations-(ECOSOC)
Member(OBSERVER),United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
295, IKORODU ROAD, IDIROKO BUS STOP MARYLAND IKEJA LAGOS NIGERIA
350, MAIN STREET, EAST ORANGE NEW JERSEY 07018 U.S.A
Tel:+234-1-812-8649, +234-1-818-6494,+234-802-308-5408(Mobile)
FAX:+234-1-493-7203
Email:nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com