[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Netizens expose scientific fraud in South Korea

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Sat Dec 31 20:20:46 GMT 2005

David Allen wrote:

> The/A useful point here, I think, is that for some these may just be
> tools, not indicia of group membership in cyberspace - particularly
> after some maturing of the medium when there is less a sense of
> pioneering. Yes, those tools may make possible that which previously
> was not. But that is not pertinent to the question of felt group
> membership, on its face anyway.

So the issue is not that of maturing of the medium, but rather maturing
of the people who use the medium. That I can agree with. The medium
cannot be blamed for what people do or do not do, and it simply
accelerates the issue of 'group membership' - and yet, group membership
itself has showed change on the internet in various guises. But many
people, even some involved in ICT, haven't figured that out yet.

Perhaps some introspection in the New Year. :-) Happy New Year in advance.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
cnd at knowprose.com

Looking for contracts!
http://www.knowprose.com/node/9786

http://www.knowprose.com