[WSIS CS-Plenary] Spam as an issue

Chun Eung Hwi chun at peacenet.or.kr
Wed Feb 2 15:19:47 GMT 2005

Yakov Shafranovich's briefing and reports would be the best ones.

http://www.circleid.com/article.php?id=P855_0_1_0_C

http://www.circleid.com/article.php?id=P730_0_1_0_C
http://www.circleid.com/article/732_0_1_0_C/

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Robert Guerra wrote:

> I haven't followed the IETF meetings - could you enlighten us on what
> happened at the Madrid meeting?
>

> regards
>
> Robert
> At 2:27 PM +0900 2/2/05, Chun Eung Hwi wrote:
> >
> >Meanwhile, I want to note again the importance of global standardization
> >regime here because the breakdown of IETF Marid WG seems to be one very
> >significant and disappointing sign. Of course, I don't believe the
> >technical solution could be the only best answer or that mail
> >authentification could solve most of problems, but it is also true that
> >such a technical standardization is necessarily needed for more effective
> >counter-measure.  Since the failure of the WG, I am afraid that again Big
> >global corporations would sweep over global email market in their market
> >forces. Already, some big players like Microsft have occupied most large
> >share of email client market. Then, how market could solve this problem is
> >very suspicious particularly given the network externality. At the moment,
> >I don't know how to restore the attempt of email authentification
> >standardization, but such concern need to be noted. And personally, I am
> >very concerned with what open source or free software movement are
> >thinking on spam after Marid.

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet |   fax:     (+82)  2-2649-2624
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82)  19-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea  	    | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr