[WSIS CS-Plenary] WGIG (some): Issue papers available online

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Thu Feb 3 13:20:29 GMT 2005

 || On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:25:15 -0500
 || Robert Guerra <rguerra at lists.privaterra.org> wrote:

 rg> just as there's a WG on governance, might I suggest a thematic
 rg> working group on FOSS be established.

 rg> what do people think?

As you know we already have a working group that has been dealing with
these issues during the past years and all the PrepComs of phase one,
which is the PCT working group.

I am not sure that working group proliferation is always the best
idea, it tends to splinter things up and add coordinative overhead.

The question is whether that overhead is really necessary to add.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>