[WSIS CS-Plenary] authors of issue papers [clarification]

Enrique A. Chaparro echaparro at uolsinectis.com.ar
Mon Feb 7 04:12:46 GMT 2005

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:51:01 -0300
Federico Heinz <fheinz at vialibre.org.ar> wrote:

FH> I've been going through the "cybercrime" document, for instance, and
FH> the fact that IG is not defined makes it quite difficult to establish
FH> whether the topic has been approached in a relevant way. The further
FH> fact that the definition of "cybercrime" itself in the paper is
FH> questionable makes it even more difficult, of course :-(

The paper on ``Cybersecurity and cybercrime'' (two of those nice buzzwords
that marketroids, but no serious practitioner in the field of computer
security would date to use) is a shame: misinformed, biased, lacking
evidence and facts, uncritically copying the ``cybercrime'' slogans.
Was not WGIG supposed to be a group of `experts'? No expert in computer
security with a few milligrams of intellectual honesty and pride for
her/his work could have written that!

Excuse me if this could sound rude, but if that particular paper shows
the general tone of WGIG, we'd better concentrate ourselves in more
productive activities, as gardening. I've not yet read the other papers,
and some of them core issues beyond my fields of expertise and/or
interest. However, as an incurable optimist, I still hope to find
something useful and unbiased in them.

Regards,

Enrique

--