[WSIS CS-Plenary] ITU sites impervious to Linux?

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Fri Feb 11 15:03:07 GMT 2005

Strange... I am trying to get to the WSIS site (which is a sub-site of
the ITU Web system) to check on Djilali's registration, and cannot get
in from any browser running under Linux. There seems to be some
Windows-dependent code which is precluding entry. The main file
(index.html) at www.itu.int is loaded (very slowly) and nothing happens.

If you are a non-Windows user, please check if you can open the ITU
sites with any Mozilla-compatible browser (Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox
etc) in your OS. I am using latest stable Linux kernel, latest Mozilla
and Firefox and latest Java plugins, and all work fine with nearly all
sites I normally visit.

--c.a.

djilali benamrane wrote:

>Dear Renata,
>You do know my real difficulties in English ! Would
>you please check if i am registered to participate to
>PRECOM II activities in Geneva as BPEM member or as
>Finance Civil society discussion group. I shall be by
>monday evening in Geneva and wish not having problem
>with registration process. I travell at my own and
>prefere to not have to face any registration problem.
>Please advice
>All the best
>Djilali
>Chère Renata,
>Vous connaissez bien mon rapport à l'Anglais ! si vous
>pouvez m'aider à vérifier si je suis inscrit pour
>participer aux travaux du precom II de Genève.
>Je n(aura aucune difficulté à annuler mon déplacement
>s'il avait la moindre difficulté, d'autant que comme
>la plus part de mes collègues je m'autofinance.
>Remerciements et considération
>Djilali
>--- Renata Bloem <rbloem at ngocongo.org> wrote:
>

>>Dear all,
>>

>>In order to make sure you are registered for the
>>PrepCom 2 under a valid
>>procedure please follow the instructions available
>>at:
>>

>http://www.itu.int/wsis/preparatory2/pc2/index.html#registration
>

>>Please check yr participation with the
>>“Participation finder” search engine
>>available on ITU Website:
>>

>http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/wsis/wsis05/edrs.finder.prepcom2
>

>>Also available on the ITU website an updated list of
>>participants:
>>

>http://www.itu.int/wsis/documents/doc_multi.asp?lang=en
>

><http://www.itu.int/wsis/documents/doc_multi.asp?lang=en&id=1428|0>
>

>>&id=1428|0
>>

>>Kind regards,
>>
>>Adina Fulga Radi
>>
>>CONGO Officer WSIS CS Secretariat
>>

>>Cher tous,
>>

>>Afin d’éviter toute confusion possible et de
>>vérifier que vous êtes
>>correctement enregistré pour la PrepCom2 veuillez
>>suivre les instructions
>>disponibles:
>>

>http://www.itu.int/wsis/preparatory2/pc2/index.html#registration
>

>>Veuillez vérifier votre participation avec le moteur
>>de recherche
>>“Participation finder” disponible sur le site UIT :
>>

>http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/wsis/wsis05/edrs.finder.prepcom2
>

>>Aussi disponible sur le site de l’UIT, la liste de
>>participants mise à jour:
>>

>http://www.itu.int/wsis/documents/doc_multi.asp?lang=en
>

><http://www.itu.int/wsis/documents/doc_multi.asp?lang=en&id=1428|0>
>

>>&id=1428|0
>>

>>Meilleures salutations,
>>
>>Adina Fulga Radi
>>
>>CONGO Officer WSIS CS Secretariat
>>

>>Renate Bloem
>>President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
>>11, Avenue de la Paix
>>CH-1202 Geneva
>>Tel: +41 22 301 1000
>>Fax: +41 22 301 2000
>>E-mil: rbloem at ngocongo.org
> [...]

Carlos Afonso
diretor de planejamento
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
Rua Guilhermina Guinle, 272, 6º andar - Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro RJ - Brasil         CEP 22270-060
tel +55-21-2527-5494        fax +55-21-2527-5460
ca at rits.org.br            http://www.rits.org.br