[WSIS CS-Plenary] In response to Renate's email

Renata Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Fri Feb 11 20:38:03 GMT 2005

Robert,

First of all, no decisions have been made concerning Bureau composition. My
proposal followed only the very long discussions about the legitimacy (or
lack of)of the CSB, its initial so called "topdown" creation by the
Secretariat. I totally agree that we tried hard to have some procedure in
place to elect, appoint or designate focal points. And in some ways it also
has worked out.

And maybe I was not quite clear in my short proposal. I meant to say that
most of the "families" turn anyway into caucuses or WGs when they deal with
substance. I therefore did not mean there should be a whole new election
process. Those which are active (and criteria is not only to constantly
comment on these lists!)are anyway on the Bureau already ( be they named
family or caucus focal point)Some which are not active have more or less
disappeared, a.o. by not having produced any report. So it could mean we
just would need one or two focal points from very active caucuses and WGs
which are not on the Bureau, e.g. Finance and the human rights caucus, IGC
already represented by Jeanette. That's all.

I thought my proposal was only simple and logical following the ongoing WSIS
process.

And I totally agree with you that we should not lose further time on these
discussions. Therefore you don't need to respond before I see you on Monday!
Best
Renata

Renate Bloem
President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mil: rbloem at ngocongo.org
Website: www.ngocongo.org

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org

Reminder: CONGO Postal Address Has Changed

We will soon be unable to receive mail at our old address at the Palais des
Nations in Geneva.  So please make sure to update your records with CONGO's
new Geneva office postal address: CP 50, 1211 Genéve 20, Switzerland.  Our
physical office address is 11, Avenue De La Paix, 1st Floor, 1202 Genéve,
Switzerland.