[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: PCT and WGIG

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Feb 15 18:15:08 GMT 2005

I am disappointed that there have been no answers to
http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/public/plenary/2005-January/004313.html

Particularly, it seems no-one is willing to clarify either the
selection or competence of WGIG CS members, nor how the workingmethods
"majority rule" drive can fit in a consensus-based decision-making
system. I guess it's fine by this list if society views WGIG as having
no legitimate civil society involvement?

The short review deadlines reinforce that sentiment, as does the
neglect of basic accessibilty guidelines and best practice.

The reply given to Philipp Budka in
http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/public/plenary/2005-January/004395.html
makes me wonder about the legitimacy of WSIS, even. What is this
accreditation process and where are details on the www.wsis-cs.org
site? Do all the non-NGO actors of civil society have to be approved
by the NGOs?

Finally, I ask the author of
http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/public/plenary/2005-January/004314.html
- who is "Rony Koven"? They don't even have a nickname. (I'm sorry for
missing my homepage URL off of a couple of messages, but it's old and
not really essential for the questions.)

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
Please cc on replies - address has changed