[WSIS CS-Plenary] on modalities of Tunis Summit

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Feb 18 14:30:11 GMT 2005

On Ven, 18 Febbraio 2005 13:16, Rik Panganiban disse:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> My understanding is that the CS bureau has been interacting with the
> government bureau on the specific modalities of the Tunis Summit in
> November.  I have tried to raise these issues on this plenary list in
> the past with only limited success, so I am glad that the bureau has
> been seized of these matters.
>
> Among the specific concerns that I would like communicated are:

I support all your points, and especially the one on virtual participation.

I don't know whether this is the right context to mention this, but I
guess many of us would like to be ensured that they will have free and
unfettered access to the Internet, possibly with Wi-Fi connectivity all
over the place and freely accessible to personal laptops. Also, did civil
society reaffirm the concerns about the RFID badging system that was used
in Geneva? I think that, if repeated, it would be cause of quite a
concern, especially being in Tunis.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...