[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE : [WSIS CS-Plenary] Revised Draft joint CS-PS statement on follow-up and implementation

Wolfgang Kleinwächter kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Thu Feb 24 13:57:47 GMT 2005

Fine with me

wolfgang

________________________________

De: plenary-admin at wsis-cs.org de la part de Bertrand de LA CHAPELLE
Date: jeu. 24.02.2005 10:58
À: plenary at wsis-cs.org
Cc: arne; Wolfgang KLEINWACHTER
Objet : [WSIS CS-Plenary] Revised Draft joint CS-PS statement on follow-up and implementation

Dear all,

Please find attached a revised version of the draft joint CS-
PS statement. Main changes are below :

Para 3
Add a mention related to the objective of gender and regional
balances. Hence the proposed formulation :
any implementation team should be multi-stakeholder and
composed through an open and inclusive process, with
particular attention to achieving gender balance and
equitable regional representation.

Para 7 : following Avri and Nnenna's suggestions, I
propose : "civil society and private sector actors must be
associated early on in the very definition of these
mechanisms"

Para 8
Taking nenna's suggestion on incorporating the local level.
"We therefore ask for the rapid establishment of a
substantive dialogue at all levels involving all stakeholders
to address these issues between now and PrepCom3"

Best

Bertrand