[WSIS CS-Plenary] Disability Caucus speaking slot on 25th Friday

Hiroshi Kawamura hiroshi at kawamura.name
Thu Feb 24 18:14:09 GMT 2005

>From Civil Society Contents & Themes meeting at Plais de Nations, Geneva

To our surprise, all CS speaking slots on 25th at the Plenary including the one allocated to the
Disability Caucus on "WSIS modality and implementation phase" was cancelled by the PrepCom
Secretariat, and instead, Disability Caucus is going to have a speaking slot on "financing
mechanisms", para 12-25 of the Chapter 2 of the "Operational part of the final document" of "Report of
the Work of the Group of Friends of the Chair", for 5 minutes.
I am going to draft the intervention within several hours to submit to the secretariat for
simultaneous interpretation.

The original text the report is found at the following url:

http://www.itu.int/wsis/preparatory2/pc2/index.html

Please come up with suggestions on the points I must include in the 5 minutes intervention.
Please note that the topic need to be focused on the subject of the session, i.e. "Financial
mechanisms [for meeting the challenge of ICT for development]"

Looking forward to your contributions.

Best

Hiorshi in Geneva