[WSIS CS-Plenary] Final Draft for the Joint CS-PS statement

Bertrand de LA CHAPELLE lachapelle at openwsis.org
Thu Feb 24 19:19:48 GMT 2005

Dear all,

Please find attached the last version of the draft CS PS
joint statement. If there is no strict objection to this text
tomorrow morning in Plenary, we will be able to have it
distributed.

Our modifications have been integrated without problem. One
comment for Nnenna and Avri : I hope you will support the
formulation for 7 : "civil Society and Business actors can
only effectively engage in implementation and follow-up
mechanisms if they are associated early on in the very
definition of these mechanisms"

It is less menacing than "will only" and still conveys the
message.

Main modification from the Private sector is to call
them "Business Actors", and to add 2 useful footnotes. Other
small modifications of no problem in my view.

Thank you in advance

Best

Bertrand