[WSIS CS-Plenary] [Announcement] Raising Awareness on Internet Governance at CS

YJ Park yjpark at myepark.com
Fri Feb 25 19:27:30 GMT 2005

Dear all,

I'd like to announce Civil Society at WSIS during PrepCom II
decided to raise awareness on Internet Governance to bring
diversified perspectives on Internet Governance debate.

After Tracey proposed in the plenary list today, CS CT group
agreed to hold a workshop on Internet Governance during
PrepCom III. Thanks, Tracey!

As I volunteered, I would be happy to shape the workshop
to bring both mainstream arguments and minority perspectives
to the table as someone who has always felt difficult to deliver
voices on Internet Governance to the other civil society groups.

Raising awareness on Internet Governance from now on up to
PrepCom III's workshop was also proposed by Karen.

I personally feel the current debates on US government's
root-server zone file management among the Internet
Governance caucus members would benefit lots of civil society.

Therefore, I'd like to ask Internet Governance caucus to share
its debates with the rest of civil societies who are willing to be
engaged with this dialogue.

Best regards,
YJ