[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS contributions to WSIS stocktaking

Renata Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Mon Feb 28 19:40:09 GMT 2005

Dear All,

Please kindly note the message below from the ITU/WSIS ES concerning more
contributions from the Civil Society during PrepCom2 regarding the WSIS
Stocktaking database. In order to meet this request please feel free to send
more contributions (other than those already submitted of course) of your
input to PrepCom2. All msg are to be sent asap preferably by filling-in the
following questionnaire: http://www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking/scripts/q.asp

Best regards,

Renata

Cher tous,

Veuillez noter le message suivant de la part du SE SMSI/UIT concernant une
demande supplémentaire de contributions de la part de la société civile.
Afin de pouvoir répondre à cette demande, veuillez envoyer dès que possible
toutes vos contributions pendant la PrepCom2 (bien évidemment autres que
celles déjà soumises) de préférence en remplissant le questionnaire suivant
(pour la base de données des activités):
http://www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking/scripts/q.asp

Avec mes meilleures salutations,

Renata

Tim.Kelly at itu.int wrote:

Adina,

now that the PrepCom is behind us, I wonder if I could request your help for
assistance in soliciting more contributions from civil society to the WSIS
stocktaking database, at  <http://www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking>
www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking.

As we approach the second phase, reporting on the implementation of the
Geneva Plan of Action will become all the more important, especially if we
go with the Swiss proposal for a formal report on the implementation to be
approved by the Summit.

As I reported during the prepcom, we have received over 1'600 contributions
to the stocktaking database, but only a tiny percentage of these are from
accredited civil society organisations. Would it be possible to encourage
the different civil society "families" to make more inputs, if possible
using the online questionnaire?

Thanks,

tim

Renate Bloem
President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mil:  <mailto:rbloem at ngocongo.org> rbloem at ngocongo.org
Website: www.ngocongo.org <http://www.ngocongo.org/>

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org <http://www.ngocongo.org/>

Reminder: CONGO Postal Address Has Changed

We will soon be unable to receive mail at our old address at the Palais des
Nations in Geneva.  So please make sure to update your records with CONGO's
new Geneva office postal address: CP 50, 1211 Genéve 20, Switzerland.  Our
physical office address is 11, Avenue De La Paix, 1st Floor, 1202 Genéve,
Switzerland.