WGIG AW: [WSIS CS-Plenary] UN Official Document System is online

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Sat Jan 8 22:35:03 GMT 2005

Dear Wolfgang

*Happy New Year*

Your support to Free Software is truely appreciated and
you are not responsible for the current inadequate composition of the WGIG.
The problem is that a third-party representation, however well
intentioned, cannot be
as efficient as a first-hand representation.  This is obvious.
In order to partially repair the unbalance of the composition of the
WGIG, and its ensuing
lack of crediblity, hope that you will take the constructive initiative
to consult
your fellow countryman George on issues that appear to you as relevant
to Free Software, whenever they arise or you have a suspicion.
Waiting for a person to contribute to
 a process, when this person is not closely
involved is difficult, for all practical purposes.
This informal consultation would not entitle the WGIG
to declare that the Free Software community is endorsing any view
from the WGIG, but it might allow to perform some damage control.

Best regards

Francis

>George Wrote:
>
>I can say this because none of representatives chosen by Civil Society
>to represent it on these topics were included.
>

>Come on George,
>
>although I do not have the exclusive knowledge you have generated around this subject I know something about the issue and I am , as you know, very sympathetic with the FOSS community. Give me some clear, reasonable and related points and they will be channeled directly into the WGIG process. Constructive involvment is always better than piping from the sideline.
>
>Best wishes
>
>wolfgang

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA   Paris, France
KNIS lab.  Director
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web