[WSIS CS-Plenary] PCT and WGIG

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Mon Jan 17 11:48:45 GMT 2005

Dear Milton,

 || On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:35:24 -0500
 || "Milton Mueller" <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

 mm> [...]

It would have been hard for us to create a better proof for how while
Free Software may be quite a simple concept at heart, most people
still have very little knowledge about it.

Often, people will also feel so threatened that they seek comfort in
false and denigrating statements about it and the people that work for
it. Trying to confuse short-sightedness with pragmatism and reason
with ideology are very common effects we have encountered in the wake
of these gut-reactions.

A recent interview with Bill Gates displayed this quite eloquently
when he spoke about his "belief" into intellectual property and once
more likened Free Software to communism.

Nothing could have proven and demonstrated more effectively how the
people who work in and for Free Software are discriminated based upon
prejudices against "their kind" than your mails and some things others
have said.

The information is there for those who wish to see it, but I could not
force those who are unwilling to understand, nor do I seek to.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>