[WSIS CS-Plenary] PCT and WGIG

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Tue Jan 18 09:41:51 GMT 2005

 || On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:39:25 +0100
 || Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wz-berlin.de> wrote:

 >> As far as I know and from what has been said by others before,
 >> Markus Kummer and Kofi Annan essentially followed the
 >> recommendations made by the Internet Governance Caucus.

 jh> This is wrong.

Having gone through them again, it still seems that the list of
recommendations by the Internet Governance Caucus and the list of
members on the WGIG are identical.

I do not see how that would wrong the statement that "Markus Kummer
and Kofi Annan essentially followed the recommendations made by the
Internet Governance Caucus."

 jh> I'd wish we would stop this discussion. To me it seems quite
 jh> destructive and seems not lead anywhere.

Certainly these proceedings are indeed quite destructive to Civil
Society and its credibility. I don't think that the damage is really
caused by the whistleblower, though.

But you are right in so far as that this discussion seems to be
leading nowhere and in fact I never found myself wanting to start it,
but forced to respond to point out wrong statements.

It admittedly appears there is currently little interest in this forum
to address these fundamental problems and to rectify the situation or
to come to a conclusion.

We will have to decide on how to proceed further.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>