[WSIS CS-Plenary] link between WSIS and disaster reduction

Thomas Ruddy thomas at thomasruddy.org
Wed Jan 19 08:27:22 GMT 2005

Dear all,

For those of you who don't know me, let me begin by
saying I am convenor of the WSIS Civil Society Working
Group on ICT and the Environment,
http://www.wsis.ethz.ch

Our group would like to call your attention to the
fact that yesterday in Kobe, Japan, the ITU strove to
"Highlight the positive causal link between the World
Summit on the Information Society and disaster
reduction",
http://www.itu.int/newsroom/press_releases/2005/Advisory-01.html

Cluster Session 5.4,
http://www.unisdr.org/wcdr/thematic-sessions/cluster5.htm

Some members in our Working Group on ICT and the
Environment are likewise interested in pursuing
further the links between WSIS and disaster reduction
that are already in the WSIS Plan of Action, under 18.
E-health, f, and 20. E-environment, c.

Your comments are welcome. Check out our Website,
http://www.wsis.ethz.ch

Regards,
Thomas