[WSIS CS-Plenary] Moving on

Renata Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Sat Jan 22 21:48:13 GMT 2005

Dear all,

I think we all have enough of the ping pong between a few and will reinvest
some positive thinking for the PC2. I thank Joseph and Vreni for making the
point.

While it is important to air out differences and frustrations on certain
issues, this should be done in small groups concerned, ideally moderated, to
find common ground.

It is vital that in the overall discussion on CS –UN relations we do not
loose what we have gained in the WSIS, including in the WGIG (It is one of
best practices in the UN)

I am currently in New York for discussions on modalities for CS
participation in the Mill.+5 Summit, in which the WSIS concept is not at all
yet accepted.  (Some Governments would just be too happy to hear this kind
of bickering to completely dismiss us)

We will organize a Briefing on Millennium + 5 on Wednesday, 16 February,
13:00-15:00 and I hope and look forward to seeing many of you face to face.

Cheers,

Renata

Renate Bloem
President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mil: rbloem at ngocongo.org
Website: www.ngocongo.org

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org

Reminder: CONGO Postal Address Has Changed

We will soon be unable to receive mail at our old address at the Palais des
Nations in Geneva.  So please make sure to update your records with CONGO's
new Geneva office postal address: CP 50, 1211 Genéve 20, Switzerland.  Our
physical office address is 11, Avenue De La Paix, 1st Floor, 1202 Genéve,
Switzerland.