[WSIS CS-Plenary] quick update on Working Methods Working Group

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 24 20:01:13 GMT 2005

Dear Friends,

I am off to Porto Alegre in a couple of hours, but I wanted to give you
a quick update on what the Working Methods Working Group is up to.

The Working Methods Working Group has 37 participants representing a
broad range of interests, regions and experiences, but generally are
interested in how to support better working procedures and cooperation
among NGOs in the WSIS process.

•	To find out more about the list, or to subscribe, please go to
http://mailman-new.greennet.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/workingmethods
•	To view the public archives of the email list, go to
http://mailman-new.greennet.org.uk/pipermail/workingmethods/

The list is quite active, currently absorbed with discussing the
process of selection of chairs for chairing of plenary sessions of
civil society at the WSIS PrepComs.  I believe that we are close to
agreeing on a set of recommendations which we will be sharing with
plenary, the bureau and respective working groups and caucuses shortly.
  We are also discussing a set of recommendations for caucuses and
working groups for their operations and structure, which we hope to
reach agreement on soon.

Just to clarify the role of the Working Methods Group, we are mandated
to come up with suggestions, recommendations, a "toolkit" of options
for civil society groups to use in their work with each other.
Ultimately it is up to the respective caucuses, working groups, the
bureau, content and themes and the plenary most of all to accept or
reject these proposals.

Regards from freezing New York,

Rik Panganiban
CONGO

RIK PANGANIBAN       Communications Coordinator
Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations
(CONGO)
web: http://www.ngocongo.org
email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524