[WSIS CS-Plenary] FAQ: How can I register for the WSIS ?

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sun Jul 17 19:49:59 BST 2005

On 17-Jul-05, at 2:13 PM, Ezendu Ariwa wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I am an academic member of the London Metropolitan University and I
> need
> to register for the CS status. Kindly advice me  on this matter
> before the
> Tunis event in November 2005
>
> I am a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Information Systems in the
> United Kingdom
> Thanks for all your support

Dear Ezendu:

i've gone ahead a written a blog entry about it. Message is copied
below FYI.
Hope you find it useful,

Regards,

Robert

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
Director, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR)

FAQ: How can I register for the WSIS ?

http://www.privaterra.org/activities/wsis/blog/how-can-i-register-for-
the-wsis--.html

A frequently asked question I get asked is , “How can I register for
the UN World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) ?”

Well, the answer is simple - there are two options.

Option 1
The easiest to do, is to have an organization that is already
accredited in the WSIS add you to their delegation. The is no “hard”
deadline, as already accredited organizations can add delegates to
their delegation at any time, including when an event has already
started.

The drawback, is that you’ll have a name tag with the name of another
organization - but, you’ll be able to enter the venue and have access
to almost all the facilities.

Option 2
This option is a bit more involved, but allows you to participate in
the WSIS process under the name of your own organization and/or
institution.

Organizations that wish to participate in PrepCom-3 and/or the Summit
and who were not accredited in previous PrepComs, must submit an
accreditation request form to the Executive Secretariat by 8 August 2005

In terms of what needs to be done - its not that complex, one just
has to assemble all the needed documents and send them well in
advance of the deadline in Aug 8th 2005 deadline. You read right -
for a November meeting the deadline is first week in august!). Below
is a copy of a PDF that explains it all.

Where to send the completed forms:

Executive Secretariat
World Summit on the Information Society
International Telecommunication Union