[WSIS CS-Plenary] World Summit Youth Award in Phase II

Maja Andjelkovic mandjelkovic at iisd.ca
Mon Jul 25 02:41:06 BST 2005

Do you have a cool emerging project on the web? Are you a young designer,
web developer, music producer or artist looking for international exposure?
Are you passionate about using technology for social change? Enter the World
Summit Youth Award (WSYA) today and showcase your project to the world! WSYA
is an international competition for youth-led (under 27 years of age)
projects that bridge the content gap in the emerging Information Society. It
is the first global "youth for youth" initiative; promoting best practice in
e-content and technological creativity and demonstrating young people's
potential to create digital opportunities.  WSYA is not only a showcase to
the world for young designers, technologists and e-content creators, it also
contributes on a global scale to reducing poverty, protecting the
environment, sharing knowledge and empowering marginalized young people.
The WSYA Categories are Development, Creativity & Culture and Community
Engagement and the online application process at www.youthaward.org is open
until midnight (GMT) on September 18, 2005.  WSYA is a joint venture of the
World Summit Award (www.wsis-award.org) and the WSIS Youth Caucus
(www.wsisyouth.org).

I know many of you have online projects and I encourage you all to apply to
the WSYA through our online application form, now available at
www.youthaward.org/apply.  Note that only online projects led by youth under
27 years of age are eligible.  We've received many requests for assistance
but we ask that only eligible applicants with an online project or website
apply.  The applications will close on midnight (GMT), September 18, 2005.

News will be updated at http://www.youthaward.org/wsya/news.htm so stay
tuned.  Please contact me or Thomas (biebl at icnm.net) if you have any
questions or want to get involved!

Many thanks,