[WSIS CS-Plenary] IG success/failure scenarios

Renate Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Fri Jul 29 16:38:55 BST 2005

Hi Bill, Wolfgang et al,

According to the latest, there will probably be no 3+ or 3++, at least not
in Geneva (there is also no budget for that) The thinking goes more into
having something back to back in Tunis, if necessary. The pressure to
resolve any open issues will not be enough in an event 3-4 weeks prior to
the Summit, and therefore rather useless, as it was in the Geneva +3s (no
advance in negotiations) Pressure builds up 24-48 hours before heads of
State arrive. So we should take this into our considerations and planning.

(These considerations can naturally be reversed by any decision or total
catastrophe of PrepCom3)

Renata
-

Renate Bloem
President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mail: rbloem at ngocongo.org
Website: www.ngocongo.org

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org