[WSIS CS-Plenary] WGIG report

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Jun 20 15:12:52 BST 2005

All,

since I've seen no message to this purpose, I just wanted to confirm
that, during last week's meeting, the WGIG reached agreement on a
report. It will now be undergoing the final polishing and releasing
process, and it should become public in the first days of July.

All in all, I think that civil society members were very effective and
managed to insert a substantial amount of CS-friendly content in the
report. I would like to have another look to the final text (the report
was finalized at 2 am in the morning of Saturday, and the last days were
frenetic) but I think it is definitely something that civil society as a
whole could endorse. In any case, I look forward to discussing the
report with all civil society members once it is out.

Finally, lots of efforts will be necessary to convince the PrepCom to
adopt the good recommendations and reject the bad options that will
still be on the table. So the work is just starting.

Ciao,