[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Speaker nomination process

McIver, Bill Bill.McIver at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Jun 30 00:50:50 BST 2005

All,

I have followed this whole thread and think one
issue is being overlooked.

CS nominees' chances to speak -- this time around --
should not depend soley on the Secretariat.

CS should consider having its nominees speak
in the First CS Plenary as a press event
if they are not they are granted
rights to speak in the opening ceremony.

WJM

Ralf Bendrath wrote:

Just a thought:

As we had such a process before in 2003 and the ITU in the end selected
someone else to speak on our behalf (for the opening ceremony) - why don't
we just give the ones who could not speak another chance?
It would be fair enough, and we would save considerable time and energy.

Best, Ralf

Bill McIver

e-Government / e-Citizen Group

National Research Council Canada  Institute for Information Technology

e-mail: bill.mciver at nrc.gc.ca <mailto:bill.mciver at nrc.gc.ca>

http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/r-d/e-government-gouvernement-e_e.html <http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/r-d/e-government-gouvernement-e_e.html>

http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/r-d/e-government-gouvernement-e_f.html <http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/r-d/e-government-gouvernement-e_f.html>