[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Communiqué de Presse de la Société Civile

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Mar 4 10:11:35 GMT 2005

Il giorno gio, 03-03-2005 alle 18:09 +0100, Ralf Bendrath ha scritto:
> Dear all,
>
> I am also not happy about the press release, neither on the content nor on
> the procedural side.

I couldn't attend the second week so I can't judge on the merit of the
discussion, but I think that we should explicitly have a clear procedure
for the approval of press releases and official statements, which
includes posting drafts to the plenary list and dealing with
objections.

Theoretically speaking, we would need a way to take decisions when two
opposing positions are stated, and this might include either deleting
any points on which there is no agreement (which is what governments do,
but often leads up to no statement at all) or having an online voting
procedure (which is not so difficult to do, but I know many people here
don't like voting).

In the end, anything is better than the present situations, where some
people take the lead and do things and then others feel that their ideas
weren't considered and then no one knows whether what was done was right
or wrong.