[WSIS CS-Plenary] Group Request for Reconsideration to WIPO on Accreditation to attend Development Agenda Meetings

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Sat Mar 12 08:20:45 GMT 2005

Apologies for the cross-posting, but...

WIPO has officially denied IP Justice accreditation to participate at
the WIPO Development Agenda meetings in April because we are only
accredited as "ad hoc" members of the WIPO Copyright Committee and NOT
as "permanent" members of the General Assembly.

IP Justice is preparing to send WIPO a request to reconsider this policy
and permit interested NGOs to attend.  If there are any other NGOs that
have been denied permission to attend the WIPO meetings and would like
to consider signing-on to a group request for reconsideration to WIPO,
please let me know.   I believe a group statement from a number of NGOs
denied a seat at the table will send a powerful message that the member
country delegates can use to pressure WIPO to change this policy.

Or your NGO may want to send a separate request to WIPO, just to make a
point about the unfairness of WIPO's exclusionary policies.  The contact
person at WIPO to send NGO requests for accreditation is Edward Kwakwa
<edward.kwakwa at wipo.int>

If anyone is interested in talking about this further, please let me
know asap!

Thank you,
Robin Gross
IP Justice