[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS participation in WIPO and WTO

William Drake wdrake at ictsd.ch
Tue Mar 22 14:23:07 GMT 2005

Hi Vittorio,

WTO has reasonably broad interaction with civil society orgs at the staff
level, allows us to participate in various symposia and at the ministerial
meetings, and accepts written position papers, which are posted to its
website.  However, all decision making meetings are strictly off limits,
purely intergovernmental.  Bottom line, CS has multiple opportunities to
express its views, just not in forums that matter.

Have a look around http://www.wto.org/english/forums_e/ngo_e/ngo_e.htm

Best,

Bill