[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Africa-CS-WSIS]Re: Who and what is Civil Society

Diana Mercorios dmercorios at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 04:37:59 GMT 2005

Dear Djilali,
Thank you for your comment. I KNOW that the issue of language - the Franco/Anglophone divide is one of the greatest handicaps that we face. It has been and will continue to be a big handicap that will hinder our ability to communicate - to share ideas and a vision - even a CS. But I have to also say that Africa has allowed it to become a bigger problem than it needs to be - ask yourself how our people have managed to trade with each other acorss miles and regions without the drama we the 'intelligensia' are displaying. Let us think smart and look for solutions within.
Having said that let me apologise for a no French version of this the firewall on this work computer doesn't even allow access to altavista.com!!! Go figure!!!
In making this general point I take onboard what Nnenna said in her message about us having two translators....

Diana
djilali benamrane <dbenamrane at yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Diana, i like and support the last phrase of your
contribution defining the possible and optimistical
African CS status.
If you can have a french or any other translation in
African spoken languages it should be helpfull and so
we can continue the discussion ! If not i am afraind
that africa will have many approachs = no strong
position...
The North and rich CS including Francophone CS have no
interest in resolving this problem... we have as poor
African CS in the South to solve it... let's be
cleaver !
All the best
Djilali
C'est encourageant que Diana termine son importante
contribution à la définition d'un statut possible et
optimiste de la société civile africaine par une
phrase regrettant que son texte ne soit pas suivi
d'une traduction en français!
Je lui réponds qu'il faut que nous ssociété civile
pauvre africaine du sud redoublions de génie et
d'intelligence pour solutionner ce problème dont se
foutent riyalement la société civile du Nord, la
francophonie et le reste du monde riche et ou
développé.
Mais c'est déjà bien que Diana ait soulevé le problème
Amitiés
Djilali

Diana Mercorios
ABANTU International
dmercorios at yahoo.com/diana at abantu.org
Tel: +44 2074018977   Fax: +44 2076021431