[wsis-finance] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Africa-CS-WSIS]Re: Who and what is Civil Society

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 25 21:01:18 GMT 2005

Dear Djilali and Diana
I cannot support Dana's opinion about "Who qualifies as civil society". If I read correctly her wording, business actors might qualify as CS ! This is perhaps very original but I wonder if our friends from the "real" CS will approve it. As for me it is definitely NO.
BTW, Diana's statement is in contradiction with her previous alinea where she specifies that "anyone who belongs to a society is a member of CS (???)  IF THEY STEP OUT of their professional disguise". Where is the logic and which terms really apply ?
Thanks for your answer
and best regards
Jean-louis Fullsack
CSDPTT