[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: References: Multi-stakeholder partnerships

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Mon Mar 28 01:53:16 BST 2005

Dear Karen and Djilali

Francais:
Le premier document attaché est en Français.
C'est mon intervention prononcée au PrepCom2 en Francais.
mais désolé, je suis submergé de boulot,
pas de traduction en Français de ce msg, car
il y a une date limite.
mais je posterais
en Français plus tard sur ce sujet.

English :

Posting in a hurry to beat the deadline.

> hi djilali
>
>> Yeas i was refering to the UN Global Compact...
>> Perhaps it should be interesting to refere also to
>> Francis Muguet initiative !
>

> francis - could you respost references to your initiative?

to consider concerning MSPs
the Bali principles, the Cardoso report
and the GKP ( URLs in the UNMSP site )

MSPs advocacy
-----------------------------------
During the GFC2 ( - Open session - 16 November 2004) I proposed the
following modification to quote MSP,
that was accepted :

/Old :
/

/10. *We recognize* that our goals can only be accomplished through the
involvement and cooperation of all Information Society stakeholders. *We
encourage* continuing co-operation between stakeholders to ensure
effective implementation of the outcome of the WSIS-process, especially
the promotion of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), in a joint effort
and dialogue with less developed countries, donors and actors in the ICT
sector./

New :

*110 We recognize *that our goals can only be accomplished through the
involvement and cooperation of all Information Society stakeholders. We
encourage continuing co-operation between stakeholders to ensure
effective implementation of the outcome of the WSIS-process, for
instance through the promotion of *Multi-stakeholder partnerships
including Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)*, in a joint effort and
dialogue with less developed countries, donors and actors in the ICT sector.

Now paragraph 8 of chapter 1 of the Operational Part.

During PrepCom2 Phase2

After my oral statement ( see below )
and friendly discussions with the Kenya delegation, Kenya proposed the
following language

see working documents :

/8. [after first sentence]/ *We also recognize that structuring optimal
partnerships requires expertise and call upon the Secretary General of
the United Nations to set up a working group as part of the Tunis
outcomes, to serve in an expert advisory capacity in the evolution of
multi-stakeholder partnerships at the national, regional and
international level. *We encourage …

This text was supported by Ghana and South Africa, and objected by nobody.

------------------------------

I made a statement related to MSPs that I forgot during PC2 the
time yet to submit to ITU or post on this list ( see attached,
first document in French, second doc: translation
in French so this, at least, will done now )

Much more should be said about MSPs that are
not discussed in the UNMSP site that needs to be
updated since PC2.

For example the DSF is a good example of MSP.
while the UNESCO-Microsoft agreement
( http://www.wsis-pct.org/unesco-microsoft.html
updated today and the text can be printed now ! )
is a bad example of PPP.

Quite a number of states are aware of the UNMSP proposal.
Unfortunately, I had no time yet to finish yet to translate in French
the current verson of the UNMSP Charter, a requirement
when a number of likely supporters of this proposal
belongs to French-speaking African countries.

I have no time to comment more on MSPs now,
may be latter this week, when the UNMSP site
will be updated.

Best regards

Francis

> karen

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA   Paris, France
KNIS lab.  Director
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web