[WSIS CS-Plenary] Civil Society and the Multi-Stakeholderism

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 30 04:55:33 BST 2005

Hi all,

following up on the recent discussions about our take on
multi-stakeholderism (ranging from the CS press release, the CS-PS
statement, and the stocktaking database to the Global Alliance
discussions), I have just published a lenghty piece on
multi-stakeholderism in the WSIS context at www.worldsummit2005.org.

I have tried to give a rough summary of the points raised and also relate
it to larger developments and possible roads ahead.

Have fun!

Best, Ralf

Civil Society and the Multi-Stakeholderism
Discussion emerging about opportunities and strange bedfellows

29 March 2005. Civil Society involved in WSIS has finally started to
discuss the strategic and political implications of multi-stakeholder
processes like the World Summit on the Information Society. Besides the
usual “we have to be involved if we have the chance”, there is a lot of
scepticism, but not yet a full understanding of how to use these new
structures in global governance. More...

http://www.worldsummit2005.org/