[WSIS CS-Plenary] who is attending?: WSIS Asia Pacific meeting

Renata Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Sun May 22 10:09:19 BST 2005

Karen,

Amir has written below to the CSB. We still have to establish whether not
enough people were ready to show up or whether there was a deliberate
attempt in the environment to exclude CS.
Renata

De : bureau-admin at wsis-cs.org [mailto:bureau-admin at wsis-cs.org] De la part
de Hossein Amir Envoyé : vendredi, 20. mai 2005 20:27 À :
bureau at geneva2003.org; bureau at wsis-cs.org Cc : erazzaghi at irancsos.net;
ramin.kaweh at unctad.org Objet : [CS Bureau] Tehran ESCAP regional wsis
conference-NGOs position

Dear Friends,

We have assessed the presence of civil society in the Tehran regional
conference for WSIS (31 May-2 June) under ESCAP, we simply do not see the
real place for civil society and lack of support to NGOs, so we decided that

ICTRC will not attend this conference. We are trying to arrange another
regional conference just for civil society in August in Kish islands to have

some real discussions, and we are very hopeful to provide some fellowships
for the region. We believe the presence of civil society in this
governmental conference will be just a lip service.

With regards