[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fwd: [AIT] 18th Annual InfoSec Conference and IT Fair

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 18:34:16 BST 2005

FYI, the UN is hosting a conference on "InfoSec" from June 16-17 in New
York.

Interesting that the UN is giving its name to this "information
security" conference. I wonder if privacy and civil liberties groups
will be allowed to attend?  It would be nice to get a more balanced
dialogue on the challenges of enforcing "cyber-crimes" versus
protecting people's rights to privacy and free exchange of information.

Rik Panganiban
CONGO

Begin forwarded message: