[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fwd: World Summit on the Information Society - A Summit of Solutions for ICT Development

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:36:13 GMT 2005

hi,

On 11/2/05, mclauglm at po.muohio.edu <mclauglm at po.muohio.edu> wrote:

> ***I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised about anything except that
> there's not even an attempt to hide the corporate stranglehold over
> the process this time.

Most CS folk in Geneva complained about the heavy hand of govts, I
heard no complaints about corporate control.  In fact CS and PS had a
joint press thingy in which both complained about being shut out of
the decsion making process.

WSIS has been billed as a "multistakeholder"
> event in which each stakeholder was described as "participating on an
> equal footing," if anyone ever believed that version of events to
> come. But, in any case, this isn't the World Economic Forum in Davos
> (or maybe it is, in a sense).***

U r right, not truly MS, it is a governments only deliberation with CS
and PS window dressing.

--
Cheers,

McTim
nic-hdl:      TMCG
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice there is"
Yogi Berra